Sunday, July 10, 2011

Free Recipes For The Slow Cooker | Slow Cooker Rice Pudding | Hamilton Beach Aluminum Insert

If you love cooking in your slow cooker and you are like me, you'll be using it almost everyday.

When I find my slow cooker is going to sit on the bench without earning it's keep, I will often cook up a batch of dried beans like red kidney beans or chick peas for my freezer.

But when I don't need to top up my freezer, I sometime go looking for free recipes for the slow cooker.

Recently, I went looking for a 'comfort food' dessert recipe - a creamy, milk based dessert and found this beautiful slow cooker rice pudding recipe... divine!

Slow Cooker Rice Pudding | Free Recipes For The Slow Cooker


1-2 Tbsp butter (to grease liner)
1/2 cup short grain rice
1/4 cup Sugar
Milk 1-1/2 litres/quarts
Pinch of nutmeg


  • Butter the inside of the slow cooker insert.
  • Add all ingredients and stir.
  • Cover and cook for approximately 3 - 4 hours.

Serve hot, warm or chilled with icrecream and or stewed fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment